OUT HEALTH is committed to providing
quality, compassionate, innovative care.
Both radical and retro. The people we care for are diverse in age, health condition and social circumstance. We advocate for the improved health and healthcare of all people, especially the populations we serve. We understand that we must both provide care today and shape the health care of tomorrow.
OUT HEALTH is a safe, warm, welcoming environment. We are non-judgmental and down to earth. You can be gay, straight, pan or asexual. You can be trans or cis or non-binary. You can be in recovery or not so much. You can be worried or not sure. It’s okay. It’s your story and we believe you.
For doctors and other health care providers in private practice, each physician or practice group applies to different health care insurances (payers) to be credentialed. What credentialing essentially means is that the insurance company agrees to pay a certain amount for the health care provided. The doctor (or designee) basically agrees to treat people well, to follow the laws about medical care, follow certain rules each insurer has specifically, and usually the contract specifies that the health care professional not talk about the contract and what’s in it. (That’s a single physician’s take on this gig without a lot of lawyerly details.)
Insurances that will cover OUT Health
- The Alliance: Yes, in network
- Anthem BCBS: No
- Dean—Point of Service Only
- GHC: declined having us on panel
- Humana: currently negotiating
- Multiplan/Aetna: Yes, in network
- Quartz: Yes, all services covered. At the present time I cannot be listed as your primary care provider, but we hope in time that will change
- United Healthcare: Yes, in network
- WEA Trust: Yes, in network
- WPS: Yes, in network
Questions about insurance? Contact us.